WHEN? You may serve one or both sessions.
These dates include two day orientation time.
Session One: May 30- June 29, 2019.
Session Two: July 4- August 3, 2019
We need help this summer caring for these 1300 mission volunteers
coming to Alaska to share Christ. Here are our needs:
1. Team Hosts. We work in 14 different local parks each day working
with disadvantaged kids feeding them lunch, hosting Bible school and
recreation. Each park needs a team host. This can be an individual or
couple. You will manage the weekly mission teams working in your
2. Kitchen Helpers. We house and feed the mission teams at four
different location. This summer mission army eats a lot and you
will be serving the mission teams in this way.
3. Hospitality Director. We need a person or a couple to organize
the bedding/housing plan each week for the missions teams,
and daily housekeeping duties.
4. Motorpool Manager. Oversee fleet of 25 vehicles, 9 cargo
trailers, 6 campers, and one airplane. Keep everything running
and scheduling of vehicles for mission teams and volunteer staff.
5. Adventure Director. Helping to lead voluntary hikes three mornings a week. Helping teams do fun stuff in their free time. Shuttle folks to airport for "flightseeing." Help lead Saturday sightseeing.
6. Kids Lunch Program Director. Using our mission volunteers,
oversee the preparation and distribution of over 12,000 meals to
disadvantaged kids in local parks.
7. Shopper. Help buy food and supplies for cooks and also for the
more than 100 evangelistic park parties that we put on each
DETAILS: We don't pay a salary. Staff are responsible to get
themselves to Alaska. Once you get here, however, we feed you,
house you, and give you something to drive when needed. You are not an employee of GraceWorks/Global Partnership Ministries and we do not provide insurance. Hours are long and time off is short. However, it's a lot of fun and our staff keep coming back. You will be doing something significant! Generally we want our staff to be 20 or over, but we do make some exceptions. One perk is that we will give you a home base to stay and a free vehicle if you want to stay up to a week longer and explore Alaska.
"Hate that I only have one lifetime to serve such a great Savior with such amazing people in such a spectacular ministry!" Brenda K
Copyright GraceWorks Alaska © 2019
GraceWorks Alaska is a 501(c)(3)
All donations are tax deductible
as allowed by law.
4149 Checkmate Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99508
Apply for Staff
If you want to pursue Graceworks Summer Staff, call or email Scott Kirby. 907-440-4974
We will interview you, send you an application and then followup. We also require a background check on staff.
"I have just experienced the biggest blessing in my life (other than my salvation and my boys). Thank you for allowing me to serve on staff with such a wonderful new family of Believers." Sharon